Skip to main content

How to Get Higher Google Rankings in 2019

In this video, I'm gon na show you how to get higher Google rankings fast.
In fact, one of my readers recently used the checklist from this video to increase his organic traffic by eighty eight point: three percent, i'm brian dean, the founder of backlinko, the place where marketers turn four high rankings and more traffic and in this video you're going to See the checklist that i use for all of my SEO.
Clients you'll also learn why you might want to delete yes, delete, half the pages on your website and a simple trick.
You can use to improve your Google rankings fast keep watching a few months ago.
I sent out a newsletter to my email subscribers.
This email listed out some of my all-time favorite traffic hacks and out of the blue, the founder of proven calm.
Shawn Falconer replied to that email.
He said.
Dude I've tried all these techniques before and they helped us get more traffic.
And when I looked at Shawn's site I saw that he was doing a solid job with his content, marketing and SEO.
But I also noticed a few mistakes that were holding him back from Google's first page.
That'S when I sent him this message.
A few hours later, Shawn got back to me after executing the checklist that I'm about to show you Shawn's organic traffic, shot up by nearly 50 % in 21 days and once a checklist had time to kick in proven straf ik increased by a whopping.
Eighty eight point three percent three weeks after that with that, let's dive into the checklist that Shawn used to get higher google rankings.
Your first step is to find and eliminate what I call zombie pages.
I used to think that Google rewarded sites that publish lots and lots of unique content, but I was wrong today.
I know the truth and the truth is that Google doesn't want you to publish content just for the sake of publishing content.
In fact, a Google employee recently stated that they prefer websites that publish fewer high quality pages, and this quality over quantity approach is one of the secrets behind my blog success.
In fact, backlinko gets over a hundred and fifty thousand unique visitors per month and, unlike most blogs, I only publish every four to six weeks.
But when I do, I make sure each and every post is awesome.
In fact, at the time of shooting this, video backlinko only has thirty seven total blog posts.
Fortunately, Sean only published high quality content on his blog, so that wasn't an issue.
The problem was his site, had lots of zombie pages.
So what are zombie pages? Zombie pages? Are pages on your site that don't provide any value? For example, zombie pages are pages like old and outdated blog posts and press releases, category and tag pages, search, results, pages, ecommerce product pages that don't get any sales, thin content pages and pages with duplicate content.
In theory, proven com shouldn't have a ton of pages, after all, proven as an online job board, where job postings come and go.
Despite that they had nearly 50,000 pages indexed in Google.
That'S a lot as it turned out proven, didn't automatically delete their old job postings.
So these pages stuck around, even though the job had been filled years ago to make matters worse.
Google was indexing, their search result pages, which are classic zombie pages, so I recommended that they delete their old job postings and at the no index, tag to their search results and Shawn quickly took action.
Thanks to these changes prove it now only has around 4,000 pages indexed, which is 40,000 less than they had before.
Step number two is to fix any technical SEO issues that your site has.
There are literally hundreds of technical problems that can impact your SEO, and fixing them is one of the fastest ways to get hire.
Google rankings - that said here, are some of the most common technical issues that I see during SEO site audits.
How can you find these technical SEO issues on your site? I recommend using the Raven tool, site auditor or SEM Russia's site audit tool, they'll crawl, your site, and let you know about technical problems that might be hurting your site's SEO, fortunately proven didn't.
Have too many technical SEO issues, and that's mostly due to the fact that we deleted so many zombie pages fewer pages equals fewer problems.
The only problems I could find were some missing alt text on images and a handful of duplicate titles, not a big deal but worth fixing as expected.
Shawn quickly took care of all these technical SEO problems.
Now that we fixed proven coms technical problems.
It was time to optimize their content.
I probably don't need to tell you that on-page SEO can make or break your site's rankings.
That'S why I dedicate an entire step of my SEO checklist to on-page SEO now because proven had thousands of pages.
I knew I couldn't optimize every single one, so Shawn sent me his top ten most important pages now, some ASEAN's most important pages were blog posts and others were commercial pages that sold his services.
So, let's look at a quick example of a page that I optimized for Shawn.
A blog post called best questions to ask references.
The complete list, Shawn's target keyword for this post was questions to ask references, so it added that keyword to the top of the page.
Why? Because Google puts more weight on words that appear in the beginning of your content, so it's important that your keyword shows up there.
I also sprinkled in a few LSI keywords like business tips.
Lsi keywords are terms that are closely related to your target keyword and when you include these LSI keywords in your content, you'll get a rankings boost.
In fact, my recent analysis of 1 million Google search results found that LSI keyword return, tended to outrank content that didn't contain LSI keywords.
So how can use LSI keywords to get higher rankings? Well, let's say you just wrote an article about coffee, LSI keywords for coffee.
Would be things like mug, caffeine and Starbucks, so you'd want to make sure that you include those terms in your content.
Our fourth step is to off your title and description tag for click-through rate.
You probably already know that CTR is a huge ranking factor.
Right now.
Think about it.
If people searching for a keyword, click on your result, more than others, it tells Google that you're the best result for that keyword and you'll rank higher in Google.
In fact, a recently published Google research paper states that click-through rate data has proven to be a critical resource for improving search, ranking quality.
So it's clear that CTR is an important ranking signal.
The question is: how can you optimize for it? Let me walk you through a real-life example.
One of Sean's best blog posts, was a huge list of job boards.
Considering how epic this content was, it should have been ranking in the top 3, but Sean's page was stuck in the 5th spot and I had a feeling that the pages title and description was hurting at CTR and rankings.
Here'S what I did to turn things around.
First, I looked at the AdWords ads that showed up when I searched for best job boards and other related keywords.
I noticed that almost every ad used a specific number and none of the ads used the term niche talent.
So I changed Shawn's title tag to this and his description tag to this, and these changes boosted that pages organic click-through rate by 64 point one percent and Shawn currently ranks in the top three for his target keyword.
Now that improves Shawn's click-through rate.
It was time to optimize his site around another important ranking factor well time and that's what step number five is all about.
So what is dwell time and how can you optimize for it when someone searches for a keyword and clicks in your result, two things can happen.
They can stay in your site for a long time or they quickly click away.
The amount of time someone spends in your site is known as dwell time, as you might expect the longer your dwell time in general, the higher your page will ranking Google here's what I did to quickly improve Shawn's dwell time.
First, I move Shawn's content up, so it appeared at the top of the page.
You see proven used to have huge gaps that push their content below the fold like this.
So I cut this gap down by about 50 %.
Shawn'S post also had giant images that push their content down even more.
I made these images smaller, so they took up less room.
Next, I made Shaun's introductions more sticky.
Here'S the deal when someone comes to your site from Google, your intro makes them stick around or click away.
In fact, intros are so important that it spend more time on my intros than my headlines in Shawn's case.
I noticed that his introductions, weren't formatted in a reader friendly way, see how all that text is squished together, that's really hard to read so I formatted his intro, so there was only one sentence per paragraph.
I also cut out a few lines of text that were compelling or interesting overall, these tweaks boosted that pages to all time by 12-point to 3 percent, not too shabby okay.
So our second to last step is to improve your site's loading.
Speed can making your site faster, really improve your Google rankings.
Definitely, in fact, our search engine ranking factor study found that faster loading pages tended to outrank slow pages.
Here'S how to quickly evaluate and improve your site's loading speed first head over to Google PageSpeed insights just enter your site into the tool and fix the problems that it tells you about.
Next check out GT metrics, just like Google's tool, GT metrics will show you potential issues with your pages code, but it also lets you know about server or hosting problems that can slow down your site.
For example, in Shawn's case his images weren't compressed, so they took forever to load, and this single fix made a huge impact on his loading speed.
Now that Shawn's site was optimized error-free and fast, it was time for the last step, which is to publish a piece of content using this skyscraper technique.
You'Ve probably already heard about the skyscraper technique.
If you haven't here's the deal, the skyscraper technique is where you find the best content in your industry and then create something way better.
So I sent an email to Shawn and asked them.
Have you noticed any Content, that's ranking in Google, but isn't even that good.
He said, actually everything I've seen written about job descriptions is pretty weak.
Shawn was right.
Most of the content out there about job descriptions were simple lists of links to different examples of job descriptions and for whatever reason they all use the same lame stock photos.
So I work with Shawn to create something way better than what was out there.
How first, instead of a list of links to other pages, we listed each job description on a single page.
Next Shawn added helpful information about each job like the average salary and education requirements.
Finally, he used quality images instead of lame stock photos in Shawn's Post did great.
It got a short-term surge in traffic after a went live today.
Shawn SkyScreamer content currently ranks in the top 5 for his target keyword and thanks to this content and the other techniques from this checklist, Shawn's organic traffic increased by eighty eight point: three: nine percent there.
You have it my seven step checklist to improve you, google rankings, if you liked this video, make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel right now.
That way, you won't miss out on other actionable SEO.
Videos like this one, just click on the subscribe button below this video.
Also, if you want exclusive SEO tips that I only share with subscribers head of Rebecca comm and sign up for the newsletter it's free now, I want to turn it over to you which tip from this video.
Are you gon na? Try? First, are you gon na work on your dwell time or do you want to delete zombie pages? Let me know by leaving a comment below right now, just spot.
Did I say that right? What'S up, I do that a lot alright yeah! I didn't oh, but it's okay, man, my acting skills, sky, sky, okay, that's

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BEST $15 HEADPHONES ON AMAZON

How'S it going guys and welcome back to so like mean easy. Today, guys, I got a special review coming at you, vogue ik over your headphones found on Amazon. These are only 15 dollars, got them for an absolute steal of a price and I'd recommend you guys guide. You guys go buy these in the description linked below these. Come with a HD microphone as well as stereo, surround sound great drivers and overall great deal for the money. As you can see, it's got all those things on the box very simple packaging and I'm gon na cut away and let you guys watch the rest of the unboxing and I'll. Try speed it up right now and then, after I'll, do a mic test and give you my overall thoughts on the headphones. Also guys leave a like on this video and subscribe if you're, new and turn those notifications. If you want to go, if you guys want to see more awesome content like this in the future and I'll see you guys, then peace, okay, guys, so I've now had a dec...

Maintainable Code in Data Science

Thank you. Thank you. Everyone good morning welcome to this talk. Just before we get started, I've added a short link to the content here. I'Ll show you again later when, when we actually need it and when we're going to start working on the exercises, I see a few people with a laptop, so you might have to work with your neighbors I'll figure out something together so yeah the talk today, maintainable Coding in data sense, so we'll try to write data sense code, a bit differently than just just everything in a notebook and a list of a list of comments there. So I hope you all had some good coffee. I appreciate that it's quite early in the morning. So we'll start with a little bit of philosophy and try to define well what do we even mean by maintainable code? Does someone want to start with the definition? Nobody so I'll give mine directly it's early, so my definition would be just just this really really simple by maintainable code. The main th...

Honor 20 Pro

Hello and welcome to the test of the brand new anna 20 pro for 600 euro. For that I get on the front page, hang 6. 2 6 inch large display in ips technology with full hd plus resolution. I get many on the back beautiful camera lenses, among others, too, 48 megapixel sensor from home sony with a blind of 11 14, in addition, kiel 980 4000 milliamp hours and how you got tested in the test. Now four cameras on the back 48, 16, 8 and 2 megapixels for macro mode, similar, like the wp 30 per here, infantin blue, a turquoise blue variant of the device yourself in glass. Here on the left side in the glossy frame. We only find very little push. You can maybe Also realize that the back is light. Rounded is also true bit for the front here, namely only the slot for 2 nano sim-cards, the 256-gb memory. I cannot do that anymore, expand micro, sd at 256 gigabytes. That should be suffice. On the other side, then the Fingerprint sensor in the middle of the displays, at the same time, to fool ...